Halo 4 Will Make Its World Hands-On Gameplay Premiere for Consumers at RTX
Austin, TX--- Tuesday, June 19, 2012--- RTX, the two-day event where gaming meets the Internet in Austin, TX, is pleased to announce the first wave of confirmed games, exhibitors and special guests. RTX will take place July 7 and 8 at The Austin Convention Center (500 East Cesar Chavez, Austin, TX). Halo 4 will make its world hands-on gameplay premiere for consumers at RTX, giving gamers the first opportunity anywhere to play one of the most highly anticipated games of the year.
RTX is the brainchild of the great minds at Rooster Teeth, the team behind the longest running web series of all time, Red vs. Blue. Rooster Teeth created RTX to bring game companies, gamers and online video lovers together for one great weekend in Austin, TX. RTX is all about playing new games and creating new online content. This year RTX will be open to the public for the first time and will give attendees the opportunity to play games, interact with one another and sit in on panels about creating online content led by industry experts including the Rooster Teeth team. Please see below for details on the first wave of confirmed games, exhibitors and special guests at RTX.
HALO 4 First Public Hands-on Opportunity
Halo 4 marks the return of the Master Chief and the beginning of a new saga in the blockbuster franchise that has shaped entertainment history, and is slated to hit stores November 6. RTX is proud to announce that fans will have their first opportunity to play Halo 4 this year when the gameplay demo debuts to the public at the expo. Developed by 343 Industries exclusively for Xbox 360, Halo 4 takes the award-winning series in a bold new direction, delivering its most epic and explorative campaign yet, together with a groundbreaking multiplayer offering rooted in Halo fiction called “Halo Infinity Multiplayer.” Attendees will get the chance to play against each other at RTX, and the winners may even get a chance to play against a team of Rooster Teeth employees on the main stage in the exhibit hall.
Please see below for a list of additional exhibitors confirmed to attend RTX this year.
Keynote Speaker Freddie Wong
RTX is pleased to announce that the RTX 2012 keynote address will be given by YouTube sensation Freddie Wong, aka freddiew. Freddiew has one of the most popular channels on YouTube, with more than 3.2 million YouTube subscribers. Freddiew blends visual effects with a gaming sensibility to create videos that are unlike any other, making him a perfect fit to act as the keynote speaker at RTX.
Please see below for additional confirmed guests at RTX.
• Button Mash Productions
• Edge of Reality
• Game Over Videogames
• Game Republik
• Glennz Tees
• IGDA Austin
• Minicore Studios
• Motus Digital
• Penny Arcade
• Robot Entertainment
• Saturn Rising Productions
• Twisted Pixel
Confirmed Special Guests:
• Rocco, Derrick, Shawn, Garrett, and Eric from Mega64
• Hannah Hart from My Drunk Kitchen
• Grace Helbig from Daily Grace
• Milana and Stevie from Live Prude Girls
• Adam Montoya, aka SeaNanners
• Stephen Toulouse, aka Stepto
• Ryan Wyatt from Fwiz Gaming Live
• Jesse Cowell from Jeskid TV
• Justine Ezarik, aka iJustine
• Kent Nichols from blip.tv
• Jason Saldaña, the voice of “Tucker” on Red vs. Blue
• Jenn Brown, the voice of “Agent Carolina” on Red vs. Blue
• John Erler, the voice of “Agent North” on Red vs. Blue
• John Reed, the voice of the “Director” on Red vs. Blue
• Samantha Ireland, the voice of “Agent C.T.” on Red vs. Blue
• Shannon McCormick, the voice of “Agent Washington” on Red vs. Blue
• Yomary Cruz, the voice of “Sheila the Tank” on Red vs. Blue
Weekend Passes for RTX are available for purchase online until Friday, June 22nd for $45 plus tax and fees. Once online ticket sales are closed, Weekend Passes will be available for purchase at the door for $60. Children ages 6 and under get free admittance with a paying adult. Get yours now!
For the latest developments visit the RTX Facebook & Twitter and be sure to check out the RTX website for updates each Monday.
About Rooster Teeth
• Creators of one of the most popular and longest running web series of all-time, Red vs. Blue, now entering its tenth season.
• Over 1 million DVDs sold
• Over 1 billion total video views.
• 8th most viewed YouTube channel in the world (non-music) in 2011.
• 1.7 million YouTube subscribers.
• 5 million monthly unique visitors to RoosterTeeth.com.
• 1.4 million registered community members.
• Most downloaded gaming podcast on iTunes.
• 3 million monthly podcast downloads.
• Created the first machinima broadcast on commercial television.
• Winners of multiple awards, including the 2011 Best Animated Series from the IAWTV.
• Featured by hundreds of major publications and networks including MTV, G4, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Rolling Stone Magazine, Wired Magazine, and many more.
About Our Sponsors
RTX is pleased to work with a great group of sponsors for the second annual RTX including TwitchTV, Blip, Handelabra, Twisted Pixel and Smith Micro. TwitchTV, the world’s largest video game broadcasting and chat community, is dedicated to connecting people around the games they love. Blip gives viewers free access to the best in original web series from professional and up-and-coming producers. Joining them is Handelabra, a truly mobile software company with a growing list of apps and products and Twisted Pixel, a studio focused on creating character-driven original games. Smith Micro Software, based in Santa Cruz County, California, develops 2D and 3D illustration and animation software including Poser for 3D Character Art and Animation. Poser was used to produce character animation content for the Red vs Blue series.