Looking for the details of the January Halo: Reach Matchmaking playlist update? Here are the specifics, in one handy-dandy bulleted list:
• Living Dead updated.
Zombies need games to go along with their brains, which is why we updated this playlist to include the following new spooky map variants: Bedlam, Uncongealed, Pandemic, Count d’Houen, Deadwalk, Powerless, Spooky Base, and Parasitic. We also don’t want you to be “All Alone,” so we turned up the weighting on Condemned. Can we get a bleep-bloop?!
• Team Arena, Big Team Battle and Double Team updated to TU settings.
TU game types are our standard Reach Matchmaking settings with the Title Update changes. Those changes are: damage bleed enabled, modified reticle bloom, sword block removed, Armor Lock modified, and Active Camo modified.
• Squad DLC added. All DLC included/required.
When Premium Battle was removed, threads about its disappearance slowly began cropping up. We adjusted the Matchmaking algorithm to match players who have DLC with other players who have DLC more often, but we noticed many players saying they still weren’t getting enough DLC to satisfy their map-related cravings. So we’re bringing a premium list back in the form of 6v6 DLC Slayer. This list is being introduced on a probationary status due to the low population previously experienced in Premium Battle.
• Abridged updated to latest version.
The creators, theforceswithin and schmittler 5000, made numerous changes to this map. Here are a few they deemed significant enough to mention:
1. Multi-flag has been improved. The flags now spawn in the front of the base a few feet from the GL (previous PL spawn).
2. A teleporter has been added inside the base that leads up to the two-story (Concussion) towers. This significantly improves movement.
3. The gravity lift to the Falcon has been moved into the base to stop vehicles from getting stuck in a permanent floating state.
4. Kill zones have been overhauled. It is now possible to fly underneath the bridge, and there are no HLG spots that we have found to be a problem.
• 2v2 variants of Solitary and Battle Canyon added to Double Team.
• Grifball early win behavior fixed.
• Zealot, Countdown, and Penance added to Team Snipers.
For more information about the January playlist update, please refer to the 1.4 edition of the Halo Bulletin.
To leave feedback on the January Matchmaking Playlist Update, please visit the Matchmaking section of our forum.