12.11.12 3:30PM PT Update
Codes associated with the Halo 4 Specialization Email Program have been distributed as follows:
• Codes were sent to eligible players via the email address associated with their Xbox LIVE account.
• Codes were sent to eligible players with invalid email addresses via the Xbox LIVE Message Center.
• Eligible players who did not redeem their code were sent reminder messages via the Xbox LIVE Message Center.
Thank you to those of you who participated in this program, and we hope that you are enjoying early access to the Specializations.
12.3.12 5:30PM PT Update
Some players that were eligible for the Specializations post-launch offer did not receive their fulfillment email due to having an invalid email address associated with their Xbox LIVE account. We are working to send affected players their codes via the Xbox LIVE Message Center (which is accessible on both web and console). The text will read as follows, and we expect players to start receiving these messages this week. Thank you for your continued patience, and we will provide an update when all messages have been sent.
Xbox 360 Dashboard message text:
Your Halo 4 gift is waiting! Here is your token to unlock six Specializations in Halo 4. We apologize for the delay in providing this and thank you for participating in our program. See you on the virtual battlefield!
If you're reading this, you more than likely have a question about the Specializations email that was recently distributed by Xbox LIVE. Before I start addressing some frequently asked questions, please note:
DO NOT PUBLICLY POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR ANY OTHER ACCOUNT-RELATED INFORMATION ON OUR FORUMS. AGAIN, DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR ANY OTHER ACCOUNT-RELATED INFORMATION ON OUR FORUMS.
As a general rule, to protect yourself and your account, you should never post or share any personal information online, and that includes our forums.
Now, back to business. When Halo 4 launched, there was a special offer involving the following.
Play Halo 4 Standard Edition while connected to Xbox LIVE by November 20, 2012, and you'll get early access to six Specializations. That's 60 additional levels and new content in Halo Infinity Multiplayer.
Codes giving early access to six Specializations were sent yesterday. The email says the following and includes an image of Master Chief and the Halo 4 logo.
Here's your free gift from Xbox LIVE
Thanks for being an Xbox LIVE member. You've earned a free gift. Just follow the instructions below, and you can download it immediately.*
Here's how to redeem:
• Click here or on the "Get your free gift" link below.
• Sign in to your Xbox LIVE account using the email address you received this message at (if you are not already signed in).
• Your code is automatically entered on the page so simply click Redeem Code.
Get your free gift -->
Here are a few reasons why your inbox may still be empty.
• Emails were sent to both opt-in and opt-out accounts (in regard to your receive marketing emails preference).
• If you did not play Halo prior to November 20 at 11:59 PM EST, you would have not received the email.
• If you are registered with Xbox LIVE in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, you would have not received the email. As noted on the original offer, these regions were not part of the Specializations offer as Specializations were extended as a pre-order offer, not a post-launch offer.
If you don't think you have received this email, here are a few things to consider.
• It may be in your spam folder. Check now!
• The codes were sent to the email address that you used when you signed up for your Gamertag. If you are now using a different email address but did not change it with Xbox LIVE, the code will have been sent to the email address associated with your Gamertag as of November 20.
• The title of the email is "You have a gift from Xbox LIVE". Since Specializations are not directly mentioned, you may have skipped over it.
If you successfully redeemed your code, you will gain early access to six Specializations.
If you received the email but are experiencing issues, here are a few possibilities as to what could be going on:
The Specializations are locked.
Specializations cannot be accessed until you reach SR50. Once you have advanced through the standard fifty levels, you will then get the option to enlist in a Specialization under "Infinity". You can choose the order in which you tackle unlocked Specializations. However once you select one, you must advance through it completely before enlisting in a separate Specialization. Please read this article for more information.
I don't see any new Specializations.
Redownload the content from your download history (from the Xbox Dashboard: Settings-->Account-->Download History). If you have the content properly downloaded, try restarting the game.
The link in my email is not resolving properly.
Please wait an hour or two and try the link again.
Please visit The Official Specializations Email Thread if you have additional questions.