We are happy to announce that we have just rolled out new features for your Halo 4 Waypoint experience! Now you can add your in-game creations, as well as track and share your favorite works of art made by your friends and fellow Halo 4 players. Take a look at some of the new offerings that are now available.
Halo 4 File Browser:
To find the file browser, click the “File Browser” button under the “Community” dropdown, or navigate there directly via this link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/halo4fileshare/filebrowser
To swap between Halo 4 and Halo: Reach File Browser, use the game dropdown. Selecting Halo 4 lets you see all shared files for Halo 4. Likewise, selecting Halo: Reach lets you see content for Halo: Reach.
On the main File Browser page you will see a list of all screenshots. You can see the content type by clicking on the top four buttons: “Screenshots”, “Game Types”, “Films” and “Map Variants”. Further filtering can be accomplished by using the filter menu on the left side of the thumbnails.
Content can be filtered by the following categories:
• Maps – allows you to choose content from a particular Halo map.
• Game Variants – allows you to choose content from a particular game type.
• Time – allows you to view content from today, last week, last month or all content.
The final filter allows you to select files with the highest rating, most downloads or in order of most recently uploaded.
To see more shared files, just click the “Load More” button at the bottom of the list:
Additionally, there are three different ways to view the shared files you’ve filtered.
Thumbnail view provides small snapshots of the files you’ve selected for viewing:
List view provides a bit more detailed information at the surface level:
Details view provides the most information about the file, in addition to a larger image:
2. File info.
3. Share Options.
4. Tagging Section.
• To add a tag, just type it into the text box and hit “Tag”.
• You can also like other tags by hovering over the existing tag and then clicking the thumbs up icon.
5. List of players in this file.
• To see this person’s Halo 4 stats Overview page click on their Gamertag.
6. File description.
7. Let’s you download the file.
• Images will be full resolution.
8. Add File.
• This is a good way to make content accessible on your Xbox 360.
• Remember, you can only have a maximum of 25 files in your personal file share.
9. This button is used to report inappropriate content to our moderators.
10. Switch to gallery view.
11. Like this file! The more likes a file has, the higher it shows up in the list.
This is a slideshow style view of your filtered results. Here you can quickly scan through the thumbnails and easily browse through files.
1. Scroll left through the thumbnails.
2. Scroll right through the thumbnails.
3. Go to the detail view of this file.
4. Like this file.
Halo 4 File Share
You can manage a catalog of up to 25 of your favorite files. When someone visits your file share, they will see those files.
To get to your personal file share, click on “Career” in the navigation menu, then select “File Share”.
Your personal file share has very similar controls to the file browser, with a few differences:
• Your file share only shows files that you added.
• The “Recent Screenshots” option lets you see your most recently added screenshots.
• The “Tag History” option lets you see all the tags you have added or liked.
Thanks for checking out our brand new Halo 4 file sharing features. Keep your eyes on Halo Waypoint, your link to all things Halo, for updates on this and other fantastic features. And in the meantime, get busy sharing your finest creations